Step 1: Download WordPress
- Download the WordPress installer zip file to your computer from WordPress.
- Extract the downloaded WordPress file to a folder on your system.
Step 2: Upload WordPress via Hosting File Manager
- Login to Hosting cpanel.
- Go to Files and Click on File Manager.
- Select Web Root, Click on Show Hidden Dots Files and then click on Go.
- Click the folder to upload files.
- Click Upload from the ribbon toolbar.
- Click Choose file and then select all the files for upload.
Step 3: Create User in MySQL Database
WordPress keeps the information in the database as records so Database creation is essential
- Go back to Hosting cPanel menu.
- Go to Databases section and click MySQL Database icon to start database creation Wizard.
- Create the Database, provide a database name and then Click Next.
- Create Database Users as per the need.
- Give user names and password to the database and then Click on Create User.
- Add Users to Database and Check All Privileges checkbox then Click Next.
Step 4: WP-CONFIG.PHP system file configuration
WP-CONFIG.PHP file provides the information about what database need to be assigned to the user. This step is most important to associate database to the WordPress installation.
WP-CONFIG.PHP file will be found in the WordPress installation folder. To perform changes in the file follow the steps
- Go to cPanel
- Click on File Manager
- Locate and select Public_html, Click to expand the folder.
- Select the folder in which you have done WordPress Installation
- On the right hand side pane, locate and select wp-config.php file
- Right Click to select Code Edit.
- Open the file and locate the text “database_name_here”
- Replace with the name of database you have created.
- Locate the text “username_here” and replace it with the username created in database
- Locate the text “Password_here” and replace it with the Password you created for user in database
- Click on Save to save changes.
Step 5: WP Installation
Go to the Browser Window and then type the following URL
Ensure to replace “domain_name.com” with actual domain.
Now you will see the welcome page that says “Welcome to the famous five minute WordPress installation process!”
- Complete the Installation
- Fill in the information fields for:
- Site Name
- Password and Retype Password
- Email address (all login credentials will be provided to this email address)
- Find whether or not to have the search engines index the website
- Click on Install Now
You should be taken to the final screen, showing the message:
Success! WordPress has been installed.